Wednesday, March 25, 2009

79 Years and Counting!

Monday was my mother in laws 79TH Birthday!!

We made last minute plans to go over there after Jessica's softball practice. They aren't big party people and didn't really do ANYTHING for birthday's when I first started dating Scott. I started bringing them cakes and a little gift on their birthdays and now it's a tradition! Scott's siblings have even stepped up a bit and try to come by on most of them. Plus their parents are getting up there in years so each year is truely a blessing I think!

I called Ann around 3:00 and asked if she was feeling up to some company (she had been diagnosed with bronchitis last week and wasn't feeling well AT ALL). She said sure and that Scott's sister Barbara was there visiting as well. She also said that father in law had already got her a cake (see, she knows me well lol).


While we were at practice she called me to tell me that they were getting KFC for dinner, which again, I was going to stop at Costco and pick up some pizzas, so it's a good thing she called!

We got there and had a nice little visit, although Scott's other sister wasn't very nice. She is mentally handicapped (is like a 12 year old in a 57 year old body), but that's no excuse for totally ignoring me when I ask her a question point blank. Manners. They are a good thing!

Here's my three little monkeys playing on the couch.

Anyhow, all in all it was a nice little birthday celebration. Here's to one more year!!Pin It

2 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

How wonderful.
I love when we get together for celebrations like that!!

Chris H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIL! She looks great for 79!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...