Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Something Mom's Don't Want To Hear On The Phone!

Sunday night I was trying to relax after the big Easter party when the phone rang. Jessica was crying and said she had just got in a car accident.

She was ok but wanted us to "come quick".

So we jumped in the car and drove to town. She had stopped at a flashing red light and the truck in front of her had started going and then suddenly stopped and she ran into the back of him.

We were so relieved she was ok we didn't even freak out about the car. Even though it looked like this.


The truck she hit had a tiny bend to the bumper and that was it. It's too bad it was a rental truck because I'm sure the guy wouldn't have even turned it in to the insurance if it wasn't.

Scott was able to drive it over to his mom's house. I went over there the next day and it was looking more like this.


He is still going to have to replace the hood but now I can at least see it as "fixable". It's a good thing there are a lot of them at the junk yard for him to get parts off of.


Pin It

6 comments:

Barb said...

Hate those phone calls and unfortunately with my eldest I had more than my share. I'm thinking the younger ones can forgo driving until they are 30!

Sara Strand said...

Oh that sucks. I remember my first accident- the roads were super icy and a car slid at a stop (going too fast) and hit the side of my car, and I almost hit a school bus head on. Pretty amazed I didn't crap my pants. Luckily nobody was hurt, BUT the guy gave me false information so I got screwed on the insurance. I was only 19 and had no idea I should just you know... call the cops. :/

Mary~Momathon said...

Oh man, what a rotten phone call to get! My daughter was in three car accidents in one week when she was Jessica's age. I'm lucky I didn't die of heart attacks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm glad she is okay.
Are you? :-)

Sarah said...

Holy COW! That car took a beating! How is Jess?? WOW. I knew it was going to be something bad when you said your evening wasn't over. YIKES. THank goodness everyone is ok. Gotta love when it is your fault when NOT! Not fair! :o(

Chris H said...

So relieved your girl was not hurt.
Cars can be fixed... luckily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...