Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Recap! Halloween!

Ok dinner is in the oven and I've got 30 minutes! Let's see if I can update this old blog here!

Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning my room. Mostly just my desk. It's just amazing to me how much crap I can pile on top. I had a bunch of the baby shower stuff that I still had to put away and organize. I ended up cleaning out all the drawers. I'd take a picture and show you but :sigh: it still has stuff piled on top. One of these days I'll have it all clean again.

Saturday night we went to a Halloween Party down at the club. I didn't dress up. Some people were dressed up but not everyone was. My friend and her boyfriend dressed up. They met at last year's Halloween Party, which was kind of cool. They are now ENGAGED as of last week. Fun, fun! We had a great time at the party and I danced so much I could hardly walk on Sunday morning.

Sunday we had book club and it was my mom's turn. The book was The Help, which, unless you live in a closet, you have heard of it. My mom got an :ahem: advanced copy of the movie from somewhere and we had a movie book club. She set up a table and totally did the at the movies theme with popcorn, candy, sodas, hot dogs and dibs for desert. I think everyone was good for dinner after they left :)

I have book club next month and have picked She's Come Undone. I hope the ladies don't hate me for it. I told them all it was a bit naughty so they won't be too surprised. I thought it was a good one for discussion afterwards. I try to pick books that have a lot to talk about and aren't just a "oh the book was ok" type of thing.

Monday I got off work early to go to the kid's school Halloween Parade. My mom, sister in law, nephew and niece came to watch too. That was fun :)

The skeleton is Trevor. I only had to hot glue the fingers back on costume and safety pin the back. Things are made so cheap!





Someone only has a little over two weeks to go!

Afterwards we went to ice cream. Where someone got someone a chocolate scoop. Glad I didn't have to clean it up ;)


I'll save the rest for another post since this one is long already! Did you have a nice Halloween? Did you dress up?
Pin It

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Love that book Julie.
I didn't think i would because it was an Oprah book. I never liked her books. It's amazing that its written by a man because it is so much a woman's voice.

Great photo's btw.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...