Saturday, October 27, 2012

Running for 40!

I'm so glad that the 31 day Jillian challenge will be over next week. I've done it for 26 days straight and I'm so ready for a rest day! Each night I keep waiting later and later to get it done this week. Procrastination much? I'm really hating level 3 and the jumping they have going on.

Instead of running yesterday I finished reading my book for book club. (will post about that in a separate post)

So I went out this morning and did the "long run" of the week. Week 3 day 3 of the 5k-10k program is a 5 minute warm up, FORTY MINUTES of running and then a 5 minute cool down. I've never in my life ran for 40 minutes. EVER.  I remember back when I was freaking out about the 20 minute run in the c25k program. Eh, piece of cake now. Never though I'd ever say THAT!

One good thing is starting your day with a 500 calorie burn! Bring on the breakfast!


There are 3 weeks until the 5K in Pacific Grove, what a difference in the way I feel NOW compared to my first 5k. Should be fun!

Pin It

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I admire you for being so dedicated to your running. I hate running, have NEVER been a runner and doubt I ever will be.
Unless a rabid dog is chasing me I think! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...